e a t . s l e e p . v i d e o .

"An amalgamation of this-and-thats, a strong supply of so-and-sos, a variety of ins-and-outs, and even a few what-have-yous. Do what it what you will, take from it what you desire. One day, I promise to be stronger."

Thursday, July 22, 2010

cheep success.

Oh my followers, what a treasure trove I stumbled upon today! My two hungers (fashion and film) were fed fabulously today, and at affordable prices to boot! Perhaps I will do something good for others as a way to celebrate my immense good findings (no).

I somehow managed to find the dopest pair of Number 5 PF Flyers in black at the Crossroads on Haight. But the real dopeness comes from the fact that they actually fit me perfectly. I always say that I have terrible luck when it comes to finding shoes at consignment stores, but in actuality I’ve accumulated I think three of my favorite pairs from secondary sellers. But this is definitely a first in regards to finding the exact color and model of a shoe I’ve been actively looking for from non-cheep retailers. And I nabbed the traditionally triple-diget footwear for a smooth $30. Aces! In order to stay in the thrift god’s good graces, I put down many a “meh” item that I knew I didn’t truly desire or require. A heavier wallet, an emptier closet; perhaps my greatest find was my ability to say “no, you affordable thread, no!”

But the greatest gift was at the Haight+Ashbury Amoeba, where my inner film geek fried his damn pants at the sight of a rare Criterion edition of David Cronenberg’s Videodrome. Be still my beating heart! Siphoning through the ‘cult filmmakers’ section with lightning fast fingers (one of my favorite sounds is, without a doubt, the sound of DVDs being flicked through like a card catalog), I suddenly stumbled upon the digital gem and literally found myself taken aback with a gasp. “What have I done to deserve this earth?”, I found myself asking. I think it was good karma for being so frugal with uneeded clothing I could have easily bought that I was able to find something that I genuinely wanted. I fried and went to heaven. I also nabbed a collector’s edition of The Fly (also Cronenberg) and Children of Men. All for around $40. What a world!

I think we all learned a little something here (no).

No comments:

Post a Comment